Services for the Blind or Visually Impaired
- Including access to video magnifiers, portable electronic books, specialized computer hardware, Braillenotes and much more.
Orientation and Mobility Training
Business Enterprise Program
- In the BEP program clients learn how to own and operate a vending and/or concessions business.
College Prep Course
- Including: preparation for the Alabama High School Graduation Exam or General Educational Development (GED) exam.
- Clients who’ve completed our college prep program have gone on to attend various colleges and universities across the country including: University of Alabama, Gadsden State Community College, University of South Alabama, Jacksonville State University, and Auburn University at Montgomery.
Independent Living Skills
- Including: meal planning and preparation, shopping, doing laundry and cleaning.
- Nothing is more empowering than the feeling of receiving your first paycheck. At Gentry clients learn the necessary tools and techniques needed to compete for the job of their choice. Career choices are limited only by the imagination. Our job coaches help clients gain first-hand on the job experience. Our graduates have found jobs at hospitals, daycare facilities, retail stores and in manufacturing plants.
- Gentry can also help their clients earn Alabama Certified Worker’s Certificate or your Career Readiness Certificate for WorkKeys. Gentry is an official testing site for the WorkKeys certificate. The salaries for Gentry alumni are very competitive. On average our alumni earn over $8.40 an hour.