R-3598 Reference 7056556
Posting Date: June 22, 2017
POSITION: Temporary Physical Therapy Aide, Part-Time (for approximately 3 months)
OT/PT Department, Health and Clinical Services
We receive our applications through the Alabama Career Center System. Please review position requirements below for minimum qualifications. Visit your local State Career Center or contact via phone 256-480-2109 or fax 256-362-7219 for instructions and application materials.
AIDB is sensitive to the needs of individuals who are Blind or Visually Impaired and/or Deaf or Hard of Hearing and for qualified applicants and employees will make reasonable accommodations.
- Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must have experience working with children.
- May be required to possess a valid Alabama Driver License and may be required to obtain a CDL and Alabama School Bus Driver License
- Applicant must be able to be insured by the AIDB insurance carrier.
- Must be in good physical condition and be able to respond to physical needs of students. Must be able to maintain prolonged physical activity.
- A sign language proficiency level of INTERMEDIATE according to the AIDB evaluation system must be obtained within the first thirty (30) months of employment.
- The successful applicant must submit to a criminal history background information check including, but not limited to FBI and ABI record repositories. Upon offer of employment, the applicant must present a non-refundable fee of $49.65 and appear for scheduled finger printing appointment.
- Transport students to and from therapy session locations.
- Transport equipment and supplies between treatment areas, as directed.
- Compile monthly treatment reports, monthly travel reports, and maintain inventory checklist.
- Copy, file and distribute reports as directed by the Physical Therapist and Occupational Therapists.
- Prepare and submit departmental monthly payroll, as directed.
- Enter weekly service data into the medical billing database, as directed.
- Collect appropriate referrals for therapy.
- Responsible for maintaining order in the Physical Therapy treatment area, and preparing requisitions for various supply purchases, as directed.
- Other duties as assigned by the OT/PT Department Heads.
SALARY: $12.77 Scale C1 Rank 27 (High School / GED)
$13.31 Scale C1 Rank 29 (30 Semester Hours)
$14.23 Scale C1 Rank 32 (60 Semester Hours)
Schedule to be coordinated upon hire
Direct deposit is required.
This is a non-exempt position, and is subject to overtime or compensatory provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: July 6, 2017