To develop an educational plan that truly meets the child’s needs, an in-depth admissions process is required. We first have parents gather medical and school records. Then, a time is scheduled for the child and family to come to AIDB. A detailed evaluation is performed, which may include vision testing, audiological exams, intellectual and educational testing and interviews. This evaluation process may take a few days or more. During this time, the family also has a chance to meet teachers and administrators and look around the campuses of the three schools. It takes three to five weeks for the entire admissions process to be completed. Your child might be accepted on temporary placement for further evaluation or your child may be admitted to one of our programs. Every child attending AIDB will have an Individualized Education Plan (IEP) developed.
The process will go like this:
- You request an application packet from the admissions office by: U.S. Postal Mail, emailor by calling us at 1-800-532-4622;
- We receive the completed application, including the medical exam form and the referral form, school records and appropriate medical records;
- The admissions officer reviews the application; copies are given to the appropriate AIDB school, our Health and Clinical Services department for their review, and an evaluation is scheduled;
- Appropriate evaluations are scheduled, including but not limited to: vision, audiological, intellectual, physical and occupational therapy… etc., and
- The Admissions Review Committee meets and reviews applications based on AIDB admissions criteria.