R-3595 Reference #997150056
Posting Date: June 16, 2017
We receive our applications through the Alabama Career Center System. Please review position requirements below for minimum qualifications. Visit your local State Career Center or contact via phone 256-480-2109 or fax 256-362-7219 for instructions and application materials.
AIDB is sensitive to the needs of individuals who are Blind or Visually Impaired and/or Deaf or Hard of Hearing and for qualified applicants and employees will make reasonable accommodations.
POSITION: Bus Driver
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Must hold current valid Alabama School Bus Driver’s License.
- Must be insurable under AIDB fleet policy
- Must possess good driving record with no record of DUI. Record will be checked for previous 5 years.
- Must have experience in wheelchair lift and securement.
- Must pass AIDB drug screening process.
- A sign language proficiency level of SURVIVAL according to the AIDB evaluation system must be obtained within the first thirty (30) months of employment.
- Must have experience in working with the deaf, hearing impaired and possessing the ability to communicate through the use of sign language.
- Must have experience in working with the blind, visually impaired and knowledge of basic mobility techniques will also be given preference.
- The successful applicant must submit to a criminal history background check including, but not limited to FBI and ABI record repositories. Upon offer of employment, the applicant must present a non-refundable fee of $49.65 and appear for scheduled finger printing appointment.
- Provide safe and timely transportation for AIDB’s students or clients.
- Abide by all federal, state, local, and AIDB rules, regulations, laws, and policies.
- Complete and turn in all paperwork required by AIDB transportation department.
- Keep bus on regular schedule.
- Never leave a student unattended at his/her stop without permission.
- Communicate efficiently on 2 way radio and/or cellular phone.
- Will be responsible for cleanliness of bus interior.
- Handle and report discipline problems in accordance with school guidelines.
- Be available for parent/student/principal conferences.
- Perform acceptable pre and post trip inspection and report any problems.
- Keep accurate and truthful time sheet for payroll purposes.
- Remain calm and handle emergency situations as they arise.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Transportation Director.
SALARY: $20.51 – $24.71 per hour Scale HB Rank 01
Direct deposit is required.
This is a non-exempt position, and is subject to overtime provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act. Upon agreement in advance, hours worked over 40 in the workweek, will be taken as time off at 1 ½ times the hours worked.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: June 30, 2017
This position is funded by a grant award, funded by revenue generated, necessary for compliance or provides direct service delivery.