R-3593 Reference #7150056
Posting Date: June 16, 2017
We receive our applications through the Alabama Career Center System. Please review position requirements below for minimum qualifications. Visit your local State Career Center or contact via phone 256-480-2109 or fax 256-362-7219 for instructions and application materials.
AIDB is sensitive to the needs of individuals who are Blind or Visually Impaired and/or Deaf or Hard of Hearing and for qualified applicants and employees will make reasonable accommodations.
POSITION: Bus Guide – (Routes are Subject to Change)
- Must possess a High School diploma or equivalent
- Must hold current valid CDL and an Alabama School Bus Driver’s License OR obtain within the first six (6) months of employment.
- Must possess good driving record with no record of DUI. Record will be checked for previous five years.
- Must be insurable under AIDB fleet policy.
- Must pass AIDB drug screening process.
- Must obtain wheelchair lift and securement certification within (6) months of employment.
- A sign language level of INTERMEDIATE according to the AIDB evaluation system must be obtained within the first thirty (30) months of employment.
- Preference will be given to active substitutes.
- Preference will be given to persons with experience in working with the deaf, hearing impaired and possessing the ability to communicate through the use of sign language.
- Preference will be given to persons with experience working with the blind, visually impaired and knowledge of basic mobility techniques.
- Must pass CPI Class within the first twelve (12) months of employment and maintain certification throughout employment as required.
- Must complete CPR/First Aide within the first twelve (12) months of employment. Must maintain certification after initial certification.
- The successful applicant must submit to a criminal history background information check including, but not limited to FBI and ABI record repositories. Upon offer of employment, the applicant must present a non-refundable fee of $49.65 and appear for scheduled finger printing appointment.
- Assist Bus Route Driver by providing safe environment for AIDB’s students or clients.
- Provide assistance to sensory impaired passengers as needed. This may include administering medication, changing diapers, securing students in car seats, maintain discipline.
- Secure and be accountable for all medications issued by Health Services or parents.
- Maintain accurate student roll.
- Abide by all federal, state, local, and AIDB rules, regulations, laws, and policies.
- Complete and turn in all paperwork required by AIDB transportation department.
- Never leave a student unattended at his/her stop without permission.
- Handle and report discipline problems in accordance with school guidelines.
- Be available for parent/student/principal conferences.
- Keep accurate and truthful time sheet for payroll purposes.
- Remain calm and handle emergency situations as they arise.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Transportation Director.
SALARY: $15.26 per hour Scale SI Rank HS
Direct deposit is required.
This is a non-exempt position, and is subject to overtime provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: June 30, 2017
This position is funded by a grant award, funded by revenue generated, necessary for compliance or provides direct service delivery.