R-3592 Reference #118557058
Posting Date: June 16, 2017
We receive our applications through the Alabama Career Center System. Please review position requirements below for minimum qualifications. Visit your local State Career Center or contact via phone 256-480-2109 or fax 256-362-7219 for instructions and application materials.
AIDB is sensitive to the needs of individuals who are Blind or Visually Impaired and/or Deaf or Hard of Hearing and for qualified applicants and employees will make reasonable accommodations.
POSITION: Groundsman II
Central Maintenance Services / Physical Plant Department
DEFINITION: This is a skilled position involving all phases of grounds work; emphasis may be in a particular area such as plants, turf, or equipment. Supervision is not required while performing tasks.
- Must possess a valid State of Alabama Driver License and be able to be insured by the AIDB insurance carrier.
- Must have completed at least 8th
- Must have training and/or two (2) years of related work experience.
- Must have physical ability to perform assigned duties.
- Must have general knowledge of grounds maintenance.
- Must have experience in operating all size equipment.
- Must have landscaping skills.
- Must be able to work unsupervised on assigned tasks.
- Must have the ability to understand and implement written and oral instructions.
- The successful applicant must submit to a criminal history background information check including, but not limited to FBI and ABI record repositories. Upon offer of employment, the applicant must present a non-refundable fee of $49.65 and appear for scheduled finger printing appointment.
- Routine Tasks include but are not limited to the following:
Operating push mowers
Operating light tractor
Operating heavy equipment
Planting shrubs and trees
Moving furniture, etc.
Other duties related to grounds-keeping
- Must maintain all the grounds for AIDB in a professional manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
REPORTS TO: Grounds Foreman and Director of Physical Plant
SALARY: $11.90 – $13.80 C5 Rank 27
Direct deposit is required.
This is a non-exempt position, and is subject to overtime provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act. Upon agreement in advance, hours worked over 40 in the workweek, will be taken as time off at 1 ½ times the hours worked.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: June 30, 2017
This position is funded by a grant award, funded by revenue generated, necessary for compliance or provides direct service delivery.