R-3567 Position ID #9375054
Posting Date: June 1, 2017
We receive our applications through the State Career Center System. Please review position requirements below for minimum qualifications. Visit your local State Career Center or contact via phone 256-480-2109 or fax 256-362-7219 for instructions and application materials.
AIDB is sensitive to the needs of individuals who are Blind or Visually Impaired and/or Deaf or Hard of Hearing and for qualified applicants and employees will make reasonable accommodations.
POSITION: WAREHOUSE CLERK – Fort Rucker Base Supply Center
Alabama Industries for the Blind
- Must possess a high school diploma or high school equivalency certificate.
- Prior work experience within a warehouse desired.
- Must possess a valid Alabama Driver’s License and must be able to be insured by the AIDB insurance carrier.
- Must be able to operate material handling equipment.
- Must possess general knowledge of office equipment and machines, including electronic cash register, computer terminal and personal computer. Knowledge to include Microsoft Office Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Must be able to deal pleasantly and courteously with management, customers and co-workers, by telephone, written correspondence and in person.
- Must be able to work as a member of a team.
- Must possess good interpersonal and communicative skills.
- Responsible for the physical control of all inventory materials and supplies as related to warehousing, external shipping, external receiving and internal movement of goods.
- Responsible for the accuracy of all information and data related to warehouse activities.
- Housekeeping in Warehouse areas.
- Perform visual inspections on Warehouse equipment and request maintenance and/or equipment upgrades as required.
- Responsible for generating and application of bar code labels.
- Data entry of all inventory and warehouse data.
- To schedule receipt of merchandise and ensure off-loading within allotted time.
- To drive trucks from 1 1/2 to 4 tons capacity with up to six wheel drive to pickup and transport materials, supplies and equipment to customers.
- To receive merchandise including inspection of items, reconciling shipping documents with purchasing records and maintaining all required documentation.
- To maintain hazardous material records in compliance with military, federal, state and AIDB requirements.
- To generate and apply bar coding labels.
- To assemble, sort repackage and in general to prepare merchandise for placement into shelves or bulk sales areas.
- To operate material moving equipment such as forklifts and pallet jacks, and to be responsible for unloading freight carriers and placing merchandise into proper storage areas.
- To perform store clerk duties as required.
- To inventory, store, price and restock merchandise displays.
- To stamp, attach or change price tags on merchandise, referring to price list.
- To stock storage areas and displays with new or transferred merchandise.
- To set up advertising signs and display merchandise on shelves, counters, or tables to attract customers and promote sales.
- To pack customer purchases in bags or cartons and assist with loading into customer vehicle as required.
- To fill in for other positions in store as needed.
- To assist with clerical duties and routine office functions as required.
- Perform other duties as may be required.
SALARY: $11.20 – $12.90 per hour Scale IB Rank 24
Direct deposit is required.
This is a non-exempt position, and is subject to overtime provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: Open Until Filled
This position is funded by a grant award, funded by revenue generated, necessary for compliance or provides direct service delivery.