Position ID # R-3530 Reference # 125465052
Posting Date June 12, 2017
POSITION: Vending Machine Technician (Birmingham)
Joint Service AIDB/ADRS, Business Enterprise Program (BEP)
- Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent and at least one year of experience in vending machine repair. Experience working with individuals who are blind or visually impaired is preferred.
- The successful applicant must submit to a criminal history background information check including but not limited to, FBI and ABI record repositories. Upon offer of employment, the applicant must present a non-refundable fee and appear for scheduled finger printing appointment.
- Employees in this classification assist blind and visually impaired vendors and BEP representatives with business equipment maintenance and repair. The work performed is considered technical and skilled work requiring the maintenance, repair, and installation of coin-operated vending machines and other equipment associated with BEP facility locations.
- Essential functions include demonstrating necessary knowledge regarding equipment repair, including but not limited to safety procedures, use of hand tools, basic electricity, mechanical principles and the ability to read diagrams and schematics.
- The employee uses written work orders to complete repairs of equipment in a timely manner.
- Installs new vending machines and other equipment as needed.
- Employee is responsible for training blind vendors in the proper use, care and preventive maintenance of vending equipment.
- Additional responsibilities include safely warehousing BEP equipment, assisting with inventory control, and delivering and making arrangements for delivery or transfer of equipment when appropriate.
- Employee is required to keep all tools and equipment in good working order and stored appropriately.
- Employees in this classification may write specifications for vending machines and other equipment to be utilized in establishing state purchase contracts.
- Employees in this classification will be expected to attend training seminars in order to learn new and modern techniques for repairing and maintaining vending equipment.
- Additionally, the employee will be required to maintain a valid and qualified state of Alabama driver’s license and operate state owned vehicles in a safe and responsible manner.
- Other related duties as assigned.
NOTE: This position requires travel to BEP facility sites as well as occasional overnight stays.
SALARY: Hourly Range $12.26 – $18.19 Scale MH Rank 56 Tech I
Hourly Range $12.91 – $19.27 Scale MH Rank 58 Tech II
Hourly Range $13.60 – $20.26 Scale MH Rank 60 Tech III
Direct deposit is required.
This is a non-exempt position, and is subject to overtime provisions of the Fair
Labor Standards Act.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: Open until Filled
FOR MORE INFORMATION and to APPLY CONTACT:
Alabama Department of Rehabilitation Services
E-mail Amanda. Freeman@rehab.alabama.gov