R- 3525 Reference #11745552174
Posting Date: June 14, 2017
AIDB is sensitive to the needs of individuals who are Blind or Visually Impaired and/or Deaf or Hard of Hearing and for qualified applicants and employees will make reasonable accommodations.
Position: Child Nutrition Program Director
Reports to: Vice President
- Minimum of B.S. degree in Foods and Nutrition, Food Service Management, Dietetics or Nutrition Education.
- Must have successfully completed requirement for dietetic registration with the Commission on Dietetic Registration.
- Licensed Dietitian/ Nutritionist with the State of Alabama Board of Examiners for Dietetic/ Nutrition Practice desired.
- Eligible for a Child Nutrition Program Director’s Certificate from the Alabama State Department of Education.
- Serv-Safe Certified or certified within 30 days of employment.
- Minimum of three years successful management experience in Food Service.
- A sign language proficiency level of INTERMEDIATE according to the AIDB evaluation system must be obtained within the first (30) months of employment.
- The successful applicant must submit to a history background information check including but not limited to, FBI and ABI record repositories upon offer of employment. The applicant must present a non-refundable fee of $49.65 and appear for scheduled fingerprinting appointment.
- Oversees all aspects of AIDB Food Service operation.
- Directs the Child Nutrition Program and Adult Food Service Operation in accordance with federal and state laws and regulations, local and state health ordinances and AIDB policies.
- Plan and approve menus to assure the nutritional integrity of the program and meet U.S. Department of Agriculture regulatory requirements.
- Manage the free and reduced price meal process including applications, verifications, rosters, monthly claims for reimbursement and updates.
- Purchase food and supplies in accordance with federal and state bid laws.
- Train and supervise Food Service managers in area of program management and meeting nutritional requirements of meals served.
- Responsible for hiring of all Food Service Personnel.
- Plan and direct training for all Food Service Personnel.
- Ensure production records, workbooks and work schedules are planned and completed properly.
- Conduct a formal annual review of each school participating in the Child Nutrition Program and complete the USDA review form which covers all aspects of the Child Nutrition Program.
- Enforce approved guidelines for handling cash transactions in all cafeterias.
- Check, approve and compile records from each cafeteria concerning meal counts, inventory, purchases and food production.
- Ensure a board approved Wellness Policy and Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point Plan are in place for each campus.
- Develop guidelines for providing services in response to disaster or emergency situations
- Work with food service staff, school staff, teachers and physicians to plan menus for children and clients with special nutritional needs.
- Develop and integrate employee safety regulations into all phases of the AIDB food service operation.
- Maintain all Professional Development requirements for dietitian, managers, cooks and service workers.
- Oversee the Summer Feeding Program and supervise daily operation.
- Manage the Food Service budget using appropriate management techniques.
- Ensure all records and supporting documentation are maintained in accordance with local, state and federal laws and policies.
- Recommend policies and procedures, job descriptions, food and supplies specifications, equipment needs and specifications necessary for efficient management of food service.
- Approve all food service related warehouse requisitions.
- Plan and coordinate all special food related functions held on AIDB campuses.
- Perform and direct job related duties with the highest ethical integrity.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by the Vice President and/or President of the Alabama Institute for Deaf and Blind.
SALARY: $47,641 – $82,376 Scale A1 Rank 04
Direct Deposit is required
This is an exempt position, and is not subject to overtime or compensatory provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: Open until Filled