R-3562 Reference #6451552
Posting Date: May 17, 2017
We receive our applications through the Alabama Career Center System. Please review position requirements below for minimum qualifications. Visit your local State Career Center or contact via phone 256-480-2109 or fax 256-362-7219 for instructions and application materials.
AIDB is sensitive to the needs of individuals who are Blind or Visually Impaired and/or Deaf or Hard of Hearing and for qualified applicants and employees will make reasonable accommodations.
POSITION: Contract Driver’s Aide (As Needed)
Talladega Regional Center
- Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must possess a valid Alabama Driver’s License and be able to be insured by AIDB insurance carrier.
- Must present a positive image in appearance.
- Must have the ability to interact with the public in a positive manner.
- Must be willing to participate in in-service training as needed.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours.
- Must be able to demonstrate map reading skills and the ability to follow oral instructions / directions.
- Must have the ability to use the internet to obtain travel directions and mileage.
- Must be able to keep client information confidential.
- The successful applicant must submit to a criminal history background information check including, but not limited to FBI and ABI record repositories as well as random drug testing. Upon offer of employment, the applicant must present a non-refundable fee of $49.65 and appear for scheduled fingerprinting appointment.
- Provide assistance with paperwork as needed.
- Maintain confidentiality of consumers.
- Read maps and follow directions.
- Transport consumers who are blind/visually impaired, deaf/hard of hearing or deaf/blind to medical appointments, the airport or other necessary appointments.
- Provide assistance to the consumers by observing environmental factors and relating the information to the consumers as necessary.
- Ability to use the internet to obtain travel directions and mileage.
- Basic sign language desired but not required.
- Other duties as assigned.
SALARY: $12.63 per hour Scale SI Rank HS
Direct deposit is required.
This is a non-exempt position, and is subject to overtime and/or compensatory time provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act. Upon agreement in advance, hours worked over 40 in the work week will be taken off at 1½ times the hours worked.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: Open Until Filled
This position is funded by a grant award, funded by revenue generated, necessary for compliance or provides direct service delivery.