Posting Date: May 15, 2017
AIDB is sensitive to the needs of individuals who are Blind or Visually Impaired and/or Deaf or Hard of Hearing and for qualified applicants and employees will make reasonable accommodations.
POSITION: Vocational Evaluator – Services for the Blind
E.H. Gentry Facility
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Vocational Evaluation, Rehabilitation Services, or Rehabilitation Counseling; Master’s desired.
- Current CVE or CRC certification desired.
- Must have a minimum of three (3) years experience working with individuals who have disabilities, primarily working with blind and low-vision individuals.
- Must provide a sample vocational evaluation report completed by the applicant in addition to the writing summary.
- Ability to write concise and comprehensive vocational evaluation reports.
- Knowledge of assistive technology, CCTVs, screen magnifiers, screen readers, Braille translation software, and OCR software preferred.
- Ability to measure academic achievement levels, aptitude, interest, physical capabilities.
- Ability to interpret results and make sound recommendations regarding vocational rehabilitation needs of the consumer.
- Must demonstrate competency in reading and writing Braille by scoring 90% or better on the AIDB Braille Skills Assessment Inventory within the first twelve (12) months of employment.
- A sign language proficiency level of SURVIVAL according to the AIDB evaluation system must be obtained within the first thirty (30) months of employment.
- The successful applicant must submit to a criminal history background information check including, but not limited to FBI and ABI record repositories as well as random drug testing. Upon offer of employment, the applicant must present a non-refundable fee of $49.65 and appear for scheduled fingerprinting appointment.
- Select administer and score a variety of achievement, vocational interest, and aptitude tests.
- Demonstrate knowledge of theory, principles, and practices of rehabilitation counseling and interviewing techniques.
- Possess an understanding of a broad range of occupations and occupational requirements, state and regional employment market, and job analysis techniques.
- Utilize a variety of testing and evaluation systems and techniques, human behavior, applicable medical terms, and the effects of disabilities in relation to job-related activities.
- Provide situational assessments and behavioral observations of consumers.
- Modify tests to accommodate limitations imposed by the consumer’s disability.
- Synthesize data and observation reports to make recommendations essential to the rehabilitation process.
- Assimilate all information into a written report of findings and recommendations to the consumer and Rehabilitation Counselor for use in developing vocational rehabilitation goals.
- Selecting, administering and interpreting assessment instruments, techniques and work samples and conducting vocational evaluations.
- Express findings and recommendations with oral and written clarity.
- Participate in requirements to become a Pearson VUE certified administrator for the purpose of GED testing.
- Utilize O*NET and Career Scope interest assessment systems.
- Meet requirements to administer the ACT test.
- Administer the Career Readiness Certification test.
- Input data, attendance, and vocational evaluation plan in the Gentry Resource Information Network (GRIN).
- Develop and maintain rapport with staff and students.
- Participate in state and national meetings, workshops, presentations, conferences, and consumer groups; sharing information learned and best practice methodology to internal/external audiences.
- Participate in accreditation reviews and activities through CARF (Commission on the Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities).
- Attend and participate in departmental meetings.
- Other duties as assigned
SALARY: $36,530 – $54,944 Scale D4 Rank 53
Direct deposit is required.
This is an exempt position, and is not subject to overtime and/or compensatory time provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: Open until Filled