Revised and Re-Advertised
R-3519 Reference # 2175700
Posting Date: May 16, 2017
AIDB is sensitive to the needs of individuals who are Blind or Visually Impaired and/or Deaf or Hard of Hearing and for qualified applicants and employees will make reasonable accommodations.
POSITION: SENIOR ACCOUNTANT
Alabama Institute for Deaf and Blind
REPORTS TO: Director of Finance and Accounting
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting and a minimum of five years successful work experience in accounting or auditing
- Thorough knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and Governmental Accounting Standards Board (GASB) pronouncements
- Must be able to think analytically, have an attention to detail and adapt well to change
- Must have experience creating spreadsheets and managing large amounts of data
- Must be highly self-motivated
- Must be proficient with computers and Microsoft Office software; including Word and Excel
- Ability to handle sensitive or restricted information in a professional and confidential manner
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally both orally and in writing with sensory and non-sensory impaired individuals, co-workers, customers, vendors, staff, school officials, managers and executives
- A sign language proficiency level of SURVIVAL according to the AIDB evaluation system must be obtained within the first thirty (30) months of employment
- Team player attitude and willingness to help where needed.
- The successful applicant must submit to a criminal history background information check including, but not limited to FBI and ABI criminal repositories. Upon offer of employment, the applicant must present a non-refundable fee of $49.65 and appear for scheduled fingerprinting appointment.
The responsibilities of this position may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Provide management with financial information by researching and analyzing accounts.
- Prepare and/or review consolidated internal and external financial statements by gathering and analyzing information from the general ledger system and from departments.
- Prepare and/or review month end reconciliations for assigned general ledger accounts.
- Prepare and/or review general journal entries necessary for the proper classification of revenues and expenditures for AIDB.
- Analyze information and options by developing spreadsheet reports and verifying information.
- Perform and/or review various types of internal audits as assigned.
- Accurately maintain records and files.
- Prepare general ledger journal entries.
- Develop and implement accounting procedures by analyzing current procedures and recommending changes.
- Answer accounting and financial questions by researching and interpreting data.
- Observe and/or assist with year-end inventory.
- Provide accounting support for AIDB by reviewing financial information, converting data to general ledger system and obtaining supplementary information for preparing financial statements.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks and participating in professional organizations.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned.
SALARY: $45,559 – $60,776 Scale PI Rank 52 (260 work days)
Direct deposit is required
This is an exempt position, and is not subject to overtime and/or compensatory time provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: Open until Filled
You may apply on www. aidb.org for this position