R-3496 Reference# 2175700
Posting Date: March 6, 2017
AIDB is sensitive to the needs of individuals who are Blind or Visually Impaired and/or Deaf or Hard of Hearing and for qualified applicants and employees will make reasonable accommodations.
POSITION: AIB Accounting Manager
Alabama Industries for the Blind
REPORTS TO: Director of Finance and Accounting, Alabama Institute for the Deaf and Blind
AIDB CFO has ultimate responsibility for all fiscal information and reporting to the President and Board of Trustees and may require any or all reports as required of the AIB Accounting Manager.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting.
- Five years accounting experience at a Staff Accountant level or higher.
- Working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and Government Audit Standards Board.
- Ability to effectively prepare and maintain accounting transactions and reports.
- Ability to deal pleasantly and courteously with customers, vendors and co-workers, by telephone, written correspondence and in person.
- Ability to work as part of a management team.
- Good communication skills, both oral and written, including making presentations to management and consumer groups, as required.
- Experience with standard accounting software, spreadsheets and other computer software.
The responsibilities of this position may include, but are not limited to the following:
To serve as a member of the Alabama Industries for the Blind (AIB) management team and be an active participant in the development and implementation of a strategic plan designed to increase training and work opportunities for people who are blind while preserving and enhancing the financial soundness of the organization.
To serve as liaison to the Alabama Institute for Deaf and Blind Chief Financial Officer and the Alabama Institute for Deaf and Blind Department of Finance and Accounting to promote the exchange of information or the planning of joint efforts.
To maintain an accounting system, which accurately reflects and monitors the financial status of all AIB business lines including manufacturing, retail and services, for the purpose of providing required information for planning and management functions.
- Maintain and monitor accounting system to insure accurate cost and financial data is recorded.
- Coordinate the accounts receivable and payable functions, insuring timely and fiscally responsible procedures are followed.
- Supervise and evaluate performance of AIB accounting staff.
- Coordinate collection of budget data, to generate budgets and to report progress against budget goals on a timely basis.
- Assist with year-end accounting activities to insure reports and general ledger accounts are balanced and closed.
- Work with all departments to collect sales forecast data and provide timely analysis of sales performance.
- Generate reports such as cash flow analysis, income statements, balance sheets and other financial analysis required by the management team.
- Assist in price negotiations with National Industries for the Blind (NIB.)
- Prepare and submit monthly, quarterly and annual reports to NIB and other agencies.
- Serve as a member of the International Organization for Standardization (ISO) committee.
- Review annual cost and pricing data for Ability One products and submit new selling prices to NIB for negotiation.
- Coordinate physical inventory and audit activities.
- Research and recommend technology, which would enhance data collection and information exchange.
- Work with AIDB accounting and technology departments to ensure accessibility of accounting, manufacturing and retail software programs.
- Coordinate activities with AIDB, NIB, governmental and commercial customers, and other agencies requiring electronic data interchange (EDI) or other forms of electronic communications.
- Work cooperatively with AIDB, NIB, AIB staff and other resources to research management information systems, computer hardware and software, and in general work to insure that AIB management systems are appropriate to meet management needs.
- Cooperate with AIDB business office personnel to insure accurate and timely dissemination of shared information.
- Attend conferences, in-service training and other functions as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
SALARY: $47,641 – $82,376 Scale A1 Rank 04
Direct deposit is required.
This is an exempt position, and is not subject to overtime or compensatory provisions of
the Fair Labor Standards Act.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: Open Until Filled
This position is funded by a grant award, funded by revenue generated, necessary for compliance or provides direct service delivery.
You can apply for this position on www.aidb.org