R-3374 Reference# #5267600
Posting Date: September 6, 2016
AIDB is sensitive to the needs of individuals who are Blind or Visually Impaired and/or Deaf or Hard of Hearing and for qualified applicants and employees will make reasonable accommodations.
POSITION: Interpreter Coordinator
Office of Field Services
Montgomery Regional Center
- Must possess a minimum of high school diploma or equivalent, or a baccalaureate degree.
- Must possess and maintain or be eligible for Alabama Interpreter Licensure upon employment.
- Formal work experience in interpreting for the deaf and deaf/blind and experience in program management
- Must possess human relations skills to work cooperatively with the community and AIDB staff.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours, including evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Must possess knowledge of federal and state laws related to interpreting.
- Must possess and maintain a valid motor vehicle operator’s license as issued by the Alabama Department of Public Safety.
- Must possess an automobile for use on the job and liability insurance in effect.
- Must be willing to travel extensively on a daily basis.
- Must possess a minimum entry sign language proficiency level of ADVANCED according to AIDB evaluation system (SLPI/SCPI); and ADVANCED PLUS must be obtained within the first thirty (30) months of employment.
- The successful applicant must submit to a criminal history background information check including, but not limited to, FBI and ABI record repositories. Upon offer of employment, the applicant must present a non-refundable fee of $49.65 and appear for scheduled fingerprinting appointment.
- Provide interpreting services and sign language training.
- Interpret for deaf, deaf/blind, and hard of hearing individuals and groups in legal, business, personal and/or service delivery settings within AIDB and the community.
- Assist in developing interpreting agreements with various community service agencies.
- Assist in developing community education workshops and training sessions.
- Assist in making presentations to various agencies and groups about deaf awareness and interpreting services.
- Coordinate meetings for program review with the Regional Director
- Develop, maintain, and monitor interpreting services database.
- Submit billing and pay vouchers related to local interpreting assignments.
- Coordinate periodic in-service meetings with interpreters.
- Coordinate/teach sign language class as approved by the Regional Center Director.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
SALARY: $37,790 – $59,518 Scale PI INTER
Direct deposit is required.
This is an exempt position and is not subject to overtime or compensatory provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: Open Until Filled
This position is funded by a grant award, funded by revenue generated, necessary for compliance or direct service delivery and may be terminated at any time.