Posting Date: July 13, 2016
AIDB is sensitive to the needs of individuals who are Blind or Visually Impaired and/or Deaf or Hard of Hearing and for qualified applicants and employees will make reasonable accommodations.
POSITION: Contract Early Intervention Special Instructor
(E. H. Gentry / Office of Field Services)
POSITION ID NUMBER
- Hold Bachelor or Master degree with certification in Early Childhood Special Education or certification in Education of the Hearing Impaired or certification in education of the Visually Impaired
- Hold Bachelor or Master degree in Elementary Education, Early Childhood Education, Special Education, Child Development, or other degrees accepted by Alabama Early Intervention System’s document, “Standards for Serving Young Children with Disabilities and their Families in Alabama” AND complete AEIS Special Instruction Webinar / Special Instruction Mentorship within thirty (30) months of employment
- Must maintain necessary skills through active participation in required workshops or training.
- Must have reliable transportation to make home visits.
- A sign language proficiency level of SURVIVAL according to the AIDB evaluation system must be obtained within the first thirty (30) months of employment.
- The successful applicant must submit to a criminal history background information check including, but not limited to FBI and ABI record repositories. Upon offer of employment, the applicant must present a non-refundable fee of $49.65 and appear for scheduled finger printing appointment.
- Function as a member of the IFSP team
- Conduct pre and post developmental assessments as requested by IFSP team
- Participate in development of the IFSP
- Complete progress notes for family and EI SC in a timely manner
- Prepare for each special instruction visit referring to child’s IFSP outcome and ongoing progress toward that outcome
- Coordinate special instruction services with other service providers
- Provide Special Instruction service to match the frequency and intensity indicated on current IFSP
- Individualize instruction to meet the needs of the family
- Implement appropriate activities to maximize child and family progress
- Attend required workshops
- Perform other duties as assigned.
SALARY: $23.49 per home visit plus mileage (Provisional)
$29.36 per home visit plus mileage (Professional)
Direct deposit is required.
This is an exempt position, and is not subject to overtime or compensatory provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: Open Until Filled
ACCEPTANCE OF APPLICATIONS AND REVIEW WILL CONTINUE UNTIL
ALL POSITIONS ARE FILLED
This position is funded by a grant award, funded by revenue generated, necessary for compliance or provides direct service delivery.