R-3337 Reference #9375054
Posting Date: September June 8, 2016
We receive our applications through the Alabama Career Center System. Please review position requirements below for minimum qualifications. Visit your local State Career Center or contact via phone 256-480-2109 or fax 256-362-7219 for instructions and application materials.
AIDB is sensitive to the needs of individuals who are Blind or Visually Impaired and/or Deaf or Hard of Hearing and for qualified applicants and employees will make reasonable accommodations.
POSITION: Truck Driver – Fort Rucker, BSC
Alabama Industries for the Blind
- High school diploma or high school equivalency certificate.
- Prior driving experience on a delivery route preferred.
- Must possess and maintain required drivers license in compliance with federal, state, military and AIDB regulations, to include a Commercial Drivers License (CDL).
- Skilled in handling the controls for starting, stopping, backing, loading and unloading and driving delivery vehicles.
- Knowledgeable of safety rules and regulations and other posted rules for moving vehicles and how to properly load cargo onto the vehicle.
- Ability to accurately prepare and maintain trip tickets, service reports and accident reports.
- Ability to operate computerized cash registers and related office equipment.
- General knowledge of office equipment and machines, including computer terminal and personal computer.
- Ability to deal pleasantly and courteously with management, customers and co-workers, by telephone, written correspondence and in person.
- Ability to work as a member of a team.
- Ability to lift heavy boxes and work in dirty, hot conditions.
- Good interpersonal and communicative skills.
- The successful applicant must submit to a criminal history background information check including, but not limited to FBI and ABI record repositories. Upon offer of employment, the applicant must present a nonrefundable fee $49.65 and appear for scheduled finger printing appointment.
- To assist in the operation of a Base Supply Center in compliance with the Javit’s Wagner O’Day Act, Alabama Industries for the Blind, federal and military guidelines.
- To transport materials, supplies and equipment to customers, and assist in receiving, inspecting, labeling and preparing merchandise for warehousing and shipping.
- To receive merchandise including inspection of items, reconciling shipping documents with purchasing records and maintaining all required documentation.
- To maintain hazardous material records in compliance with military, federal, state and AIDB requirements.
- To assemble, sort, repackage and in general to prepare merchandise for placement into shelves or bulk sales areas.
- To operate material moving equipment such as forklifts and pallet jacks, and be responsible for unloading freight carriers and placing merchandise into proper storage areas.
- To pack customer purchases in bags or cartons and assist with loading into customer vehicle as required.
- To drive trucks from 1 1/2 tons capacity to 4 tons capacity with up to six wheel drive to pickup and transport materials, supplies and equipment to customers, to unload and deliver merchandise as requested by customer..
- To obtain applicable signatures for delivered materials and supplies.
- To assure cargo is loaded, properly arranged, secured and that the vehicle is not loaded beyond its capacity.
- To determine the best route to take to deliver the materials and supplies to avoid transportation damage.
- To complete trip tickets and preventive maintenance service records.
- To fill out driver’s accident report in case of accident.
- To schedule truck maintenance in accordance with established rules and regulations.
- To fill in for other positions in store as needed.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned.
SALARY: $13.35 – $15.75 per hour Scale IB Rank 34
Direct deposit is required.
This is a non-exempt position, and is subject to overtime provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: Open Until Filled
This position is funded by a grant award, funded by revenue generated, necessary for compliance or provides direct service delivery.