R-3079 – R-3088
Posting Date: April 27, 2015
AIDB is sensitive to the needs of Blind or Visually Impaired and Deaf or Hard of Hearing and for qualified applicants and employees will make reasonable accommodations.
POSITION: CONTRACT INTERPRETER (Office of Field Services, Alabama School for the Deaf and E. H. Gentry)
|Position ID Number||
|R-3087||200695||Alabama School for the Deaf|
- High School diploma or GED equivalent required. Bachelor’s degree is desirable.
- Must possess and maintain current Alabama Interpreter License or permit.
- Preference will be given to applicants with formal work experience in interpreting for the deaf.
- A minimum entry sign language proficiency level of INTERMEDIATE PLUS according to the AIDB evaluation system (SCPI/SLPI). ADVANCED PLUS level must be obtained within thirty (30) months of employment.
- Must be able to work flexible hours (evening and weekends).
- Be able to demonstrate human relation skills to relate with staff and public.
- Must be willing to travel.
- The successful applicant must submit to a criminal history background check including, but not limited to FBI and ABI record repositories. Upon offer of employment, the applicant must present a non-refundable fee of $51.40 and schedule and appear for a fingerprint appointment.
- Interpret for deaf, deaf/blind or hard of hearing individuals and groups in various school and/or community settings.
- Complete all necessary verification forms and other records.
- Turn in forms and other requested documentation to the Regional Director or ASD Principal in a timely manner.
Scale PH Rank 01 $14.67 per hour ALBIT recognized Provisional Permit
Scale PH Rank 02 $19.83 – $24.96 per hour ALBIT recognized Renewable Permit
Scale PH Rank 03 $26.42 – $38.19 per hour ALBIT recognized License
Direct deposit is required.
This is an exempt position, and is not subject to overtime or compensatory provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: OPEN UNTIL FILLED
This position is funded by a grant award, funded by revenue generated, necessary for compliance or provides direct service delivery.
ACCEPTANCE OF APPLICATIONS AND REVIEW WILL CONTINUE UNTIL ALL POSITIONS ARE FILLED