HAVE YOUR TAX RETURNS PREPARED FOR FREE!
If your household income for 2014 was $60,000 or less, you can file your federal and state tax returns for free. Volunteers will partner with sign language interpreters to provide free tax preparation services for you.
We will be available by appointment at the AIDB Talladega Regional Center, 412 Cherry Street, Talladega, Alabama 35160
Date is Wednesday, March 18. Appointment times are from 10 a.m.-2 p.m.
Please call AIDB at 256-761-3370 to make your appointment before they’re all gone.
Items to Bring to Your Appointment
Everyone must bring:
* Social Security cards or benefits statements for yourself and every person who will be on your return, including children. *Picture ID for yourself.
* If you are filing a joint return with your husband or wife, he or she must come with you, and he or she must also bring a social security card and picture ID.
* If you are married but you and your husband or wife will file separate returns, you will still need to know his or her social security number. In this case, his or her social security card will not be required.
Also bring those items below that apply to you:
* Any tax forms, including W-2, 1099 and 1098 forms. This also includes social security statements SSA-1099.
* Tuition statements showing any expenses you paid out of pocket for college for yourself or your children (form 1098-T). *Daycare expenses that you paid. Be sure to have the name, address and Tax ID number of the daycare.
* Record of any alimony that you paid to someone else or that you received from someone else.
* If you have last year’s tax return, please bring it, as well.
* If you are not sure if you need something or not, it’s better to bring it just in case.
IMPORTANT: This is the first year that you will be asked to verify whether you and everyone on your return all have had health insurance for each month of 2014. This can include Medicaid, Medicare, Affordable Care Act, CHIP, health insurance through your work or health insurance bought through the Marketplace (Healthcare.gov) or directly from an insurance company like Blue Cross & Blue Shield of Alabama. If you purchased insurance through the Marketplace, you should receive one or more Forms 1095A. Please bring it with you to your tax appointment.
We look forward to serving you!
For additional information contact:
Frederick Miller B.S.W.
Case Manager for the Deaf
Alabama Institute for Deaf and Blind
Talladega Regional Center
P.O. Box 698 (35161)
412 Cherry Street
Talladega, AL 35160